title

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Destin Highlights

We are back from our beach vacation to Destin. The weather was beautiful most of the time and we were able to enjoy the beach everyday. The ocean was a little rough most days but we were able to take Reese out in the water a couple of times. One day it was so calm that she wanted to flex her independence and float on her own...with her floaties of course. It took Reese a day or so to really get comfortable with the ocean but she eventually had a blast. However, I think she would have been just as happy if we had stayed at the pool all day, every day. After about 30 minutes (max) at the beach she would go up to one of us and say, "Reese go pool". She would eventually wear someone down enough to take her.

Here are some highlights from our trip.

Playing in the water.


Monday night we went to Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin for dinner and shopping. Reese fed the fish in the lake.


A Big Chair


More and more comfortable


Thursday night we went to Pampano Joe's for dinner. It was so crowded and we had to wait about 45 minutes to eat but well worth it.


Leah, me and Becca


Throughout the week there were moments like these...


and these...


but sweet moments like these made up for them.


Overall we had a nice time at the beach. We just have to figure out how to get Reese to sleep in her own bed and take naps when we are out of town. After a long drive home today, we were so worried about Reese going to bed tonight. When I was about to lay her down she asked me to sing her some songs (that is how I would get her to go to sleep at night and try to get her to nap). I sang her one song. Because I knew we could be there all night I offered to turn on one of her CDs while she layed in bed and she went to bed with out a fuss!! I am sure she is pooped from the week and I hope that getting back in to our normal routine is as easy as bedtime was tonight.

No comments: