title

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day of Preschool

Today Sam had his first day of three year old preschool.

8-20-13 010

He also started at a new school this year. We moved about 25 minutes away from our old house so it was just going to be too much to continue going to the old school. I was very sad about that because we had such a great experience there. Both kids learned and grew so much. I hope we have the same experience here.

8-20-13 003

This morning Sam did not want to go to school. When I told him it was time to get ready he ran away from me. When I came to find him he had a mad face and actually yelled, “I am not going to school! I am staying home with Mommy!”. Sam is usually a sweet and polite little man but he was not having it this morning. I just ignored him and started to get him ready. To be honest, I don’t know if that attitude was real or not. I know he was nervous, I could tell that on his face, but he did as he was asked. Once we were ready he was happy to go outside and have his picture made.

8-20-13 005

When we pulled up for him to get out, his eyes got big and he kept trying to give me hugs and kisses...we had already said our goodbyes a couple of times. I had to push him towards the door so the teacher could get him out of the car. He didn’t cry and walked right in but I felt bad having to give him a little shove out of the car. I can’t wait to go get him and see how his day went. I know he is having a blast. He just likes to “stay home with Mommy”.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sweet boy!!! I hope you enjoyed your day, Sambo!!!