title

Friday, August 9, 2013

Success!

We have had a successful first week of school. Remember, last year days 2 and 3 were the hardest of the week. I am happy to report that these last two days have been just as easy as the first days, if not easier. Reese has been happy to wake up, get ready for school, and get on the bus. She runs off the bus with a huge grin on her face too. Reese has had a lot of great things to say about school. Yesterday the school counselor took all the new kids on a scavenger hunt in the school. They saw where the principals office was, etc. and they met the administration and other school employees that they don’t see on a regular basis. I also got an email from her teacher saying how well behaved and precious Reese is. 

It has been fun at home with the boys too. I told Lance I had forgotten how well Sam entertains himself and how imaginative he is when Reese is gone. However, he has been a little rough with Hayes the last couple of days. Each morning and afternoon Sam has put on a backpack and carried his lunchbox to the bus stop. I think he wishes he could go to school with Reese.

8-9-13 001

While Sis is away, Hayes will play. I caught Hayes pulling all the books off of Reese’s bookshelf. That is one of his favorite things to do.

8-9-13 002

I am so happy this new transition has gone so well for Reese. Lance and I have been so proud of her this week. But keeping it real, the evenings have been rough. I know it will take a few weeks for this transition to smooth out because Reese is so tired at night. She is pretty mean to Sam and by the kids bedtime we all need to be asleep.

No comments: