title

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Catching up…

Again!

I feel like I am always playing catch up on this blog lately! Life is busy and the last thing I want to do at night is pull out my computer and blog about it. I know I will regret it one day though because we love to look back at old posts. So here are just a few things that have happened lately.

Sam had his adenoids removed and one of his tubes replaced at the beginning of December. Unfortunately the night before I got the stomach bug that had been passed around to each of the kids. It was miserable and way worse than the kids had. I was up until 1:00 that night and then back up at 5:30 to get Sam going. I sucked it up to be with my little man though. I took him down to the hospital and Lance came down after he got Reese on the bus.

12-19-13 395

Once we were home I took a two hour nap and Sam didn’t even act like he had surgery that morning. Ha! Some sweet friends brought over some popsicles and games for Sam. Reese was so sweet with him when she got home.

12-19-13 399

After dinner Sam had a popsicle.

12-19-13 401

And Hayes got his first taste of a popsicle too. He wasn’t sure what to think.

12-19-13 402

One afternoon the kids snuggled up on the couch to watch a movie.

12-19-13 405

We went to our local Santa parade that next weekend. It took me all week to shake the stomach big and finally the day of the parade I was feeling back to mostly normal. The kids had a great time!

12-19-13 426

Even this little buddy enjoyed every bit of it.  It was so cold that day though!!

12-19-13 429

Santa! The kids favorite part.  Real reindeer too!

12-19-13 431

They got to make some cute little snowmen out of socks.

12-19-13 432

Earlier this week we had some sweet friends over from our old church. The kids were so excited to see these sweet girls and loved every minute of having them over. I enjoyed it so much too and loved getting to visit with their mommy.

12-19-13 434

That is just a touch of what has been going on. Hopefully more to come.

No comments: