title

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Inevitable


It was inevitable that Lance and I would get sick...and we did. We have been cooped up in the house for what seems like weeks. After taking care of a sick baby for a week, wiping her snotty nose, getting sneezed on in the face, and cuddling her all day we have both finally caught it. Lance has a sinus infection. He came home from work on Monday and went straight to bed. He stayed in bed all day yesterday and has ventured out some today so that I could have a break. My throat started hurting yesterday and I was just getting tired. Then last night Reese woke up around midnight so I went in to rock her. I tried so hard to get her back to sleep but she wasn't having it. She kept saying "Mommies" and pointing out the door. I knew she wanted to go get in my bed with me...after several attempts at no I gave in. I have been sleeping in the guest bed the last few nights so Lance can have his own space to relax and get well. Lord knows I wouldn't sleep with all that snoring anyways. So, I took Reese in to the guest room with me and she fell right to sleep. However, she is a horrible bed mate!! She flips and flops all over the bed. I had a foot to the back, head, ribs, and stomach. Finally around 4 am I had had enough so I took her back to bed with no problems. She has been such a sweet girl all day. She wants to play and for us to play with her but she is being good on her own. Lance and I have taken turns going to take a nap and getting some rest. We were bummed because we didn't get to go to our small group tonight! But hopefully we will both feel better tomorrow. I have been very blessed in that I think I have been the least sick!! With the weather getting nicer as the days go by this week, I can not wait to go outside to enjoy it. Lance is going back to work tomorrow...at least that is the plan right now.

No comments: