Saturday, April 25, 2009

This week...

...went by so fast. And I am not sure why. Our week wasn't too crazy. Here is the wrap up...

On Monday, we did our normal grocery shopping and then visited some friends and babies (see previous post).

Tuesday we had lunch with a couple of girls from church. I have decided that next year I am not going to volunteer in UpStreet. It is hard to coordinate going to the service and volunteering. With another baby on the way it is going to be much more difficult so I have bowed out. I am very sad about it but I know that it is the right thing to do for now!!

Wednesday was busy and oh so fun!! We kept Tucker for the day because his dad had a minor surgery that his mom, obviously, had to be present for. Reese was in heaven. Gymnastics was also moved to that morning because our gym was going to be hosting a meet on Friday. So, I packed both kids up and took them to gymnastics. It was just Reese and the twins there. Tucker had free range of everything too. I am not quite sure what he thought about it. On the trampoline he was a little nervous but he LOVED crawling through the "house" made out of mats and the parachute. After gymnastics we grab some CFA for lunch and headed back to the house. I was lucky enough to be able to get both kids down for a nap at the same time. Reese woke up before Tucker so she got to watch Elmo (to stay quite) until he woke up. Then we took him back home which made Reese very sad. She cried for about five minutes after we dropped him off.

Thursday it was finally HOT outside. We meet Tucker, Robert, and Maddie at the park for a walk. We also had an impromptu birthday party for Robert whose birthday was on Wednesday. Reese and I made cupcakes, Amy made a special treat for Robert, and Kristin brought bubbles to play with. The kids all did great for the first two laps and then as we started the third they all started to whine...letting us know they were hot and done! We took them to play for a little while and then headed home shortly afterwards. I love getting home after being at the park and snuggling up with Reese. She smells so yummy with her Coppertone sunscreen on...it reminds me of the beach. That night we had terrible storms right at bath time so Reese got to stay up a little late. It hailed more than I have ever seen it hail here!! It was crazy.

Licking the batter off the spoon

All the sweet and sweaty babies

Friday I spent the day organizing...but it didn't look like it. I really did a lot of stuff but it ended up making a bigger mess. I did a lot of laundry, picture taking of things we want to sell, organizing my clothes (because I am on the verge of not fitting in normal clothes for a while), and of course carving out some play time with my sweet girl. She was such a perfect little girl all day. She entertained herself a lot. I still had the pack 'n play out from when Tucker napped here and she wanted to play in it. I think she spent a total of an hour in there through the day. She would yell out "Mommy, more books" when she was done "reading" the ones she had. So I would take her more and she would be content until she was done "reading" those. Lissa came over for dinner and got here in perfect time to entertain Reese so that I could clean up downstairs and cook dinner. Then Becca came over later in the evening to spend the night so that she could do the March for Babies walk with us. Lissa, Becca and I got in some great talking and visiting time. It was wonderful!

Playing in the pack 'n play

Today we did the March for Babies walk for the second year in a row. Becca walked with us too. Becca was born two months early, weighing 2 lbs and 11 oz. So she always walks and supports with us. It was great just like last year! It was much hotter though!! Reese was so good during the walk. I think she was loving the people watching!! After the walk we found a Sesame Street bounce house but Reese did not want to play in there. On the way home she kept talking about it though so I think she regretted not going in to play. An added bonus to the day was that I got to see an old high school friend. It was great to talk and catch up! After the walk we went home for lunch and a nap. Then headed back out to a birthday party at The Varsity downtown. Lance stayed home to clean up the yard from the storm the other night and to cut the grass, etc. Finally Reese is in bed for the night and I think I will be in bed shortly! I am pooped!

Yes, she is crying because I think she might have been a little scared of the giant, blow up Elmo.

No comments: