title

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Best Friends Baby!

My best friend growing up had her baby yesterday!

Owen2

Monday afternoon, as soon as we got home from Charleston, I ran upstairs to shower and headed straight to the hospital.  Adrienne was a week overdue and they started an induction that morning.  I made it to the hospital around 4:00.  She was in pain and labor was slow going.  She was such a champ though!!  I stayed until around 11:00 but knew I had to go home because mommy duty was calling.  I was so sad leaving though because I knew I was going to miss the baby being born.  I kept my phone right next to me the whole night waiting on an update.  They did not know the gender of the baby so I couldn’t wait to find that part out either.

Around 5:30 Tuesday morning I got a text from Adrienne’s sister telling me the baby was here and that it was a BOY!  I was so excited for them and their new arrival. 

Tuesday afternoon I took the kids to Lance’s office right at 5:00 so that I could head over to the hospital and meet my Godson, Owen!  He is so precious!!  At 8 lbs, 10 oz and 21.25”, he is a big boy.  But so tiny!  I love how tiny and sleepy newborn babies are.  I didn’t want to give up my snuggle time with him but Adrienne’s room was packed full of visitors so I had to share.  I am so happy he is finally here and so happy for my sweet friends!

10-12-10 083

No comments: