title

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Reese-ism

Recently we were doing bedtime prayers with the kids and Reese said, “Thank you, God, for worshipping our bodies.” I almost choked but I let it go. I thought maybe I misunderstood her and I didn’t want to make a big deal about her prayers. However, the next night she said the same thing. After prayer time I asked her why she said that and she said that it is something that Lance and I say and she wanted to pray like us. I promised her that I had never, ever prayed anything like that and we let it go. When it happened the next night I stopped her right in the middle of her prayer because I didn’t want her to continue saying that every night. I had to get to the bottom of it. After many questions and answers, Lance and I finally realized where it was coming from. Usually the kids say the blessing before meals but occasionally one of us will say it and sometimes we will say something to the effect of “thanks for this food…help it to nourish our bodies…etc”. She was trying to say that but it was coming out as “worshipping our bodies”. We cleared that up and have been free from that prayer ever since. It still makes me giggle to think about it.

1 comment:

The Randolph Family said...

oh my gosh, I can't stop laughing! Too funny, love that Reese!