Monday, July 20, 2015

A Few Days at the Beach

Last week we took a short and sweet visit to the beach. My parents were there for the week so we crashed their vacation for the last half...thanks Mom and Dad! We actually didn't spend much time at the beach. The place where my parents were was so crowded it was uncomfortable to be on the beach. There were just too many people. We spent the majority of our time at the pool. We took the kids down to the ocean one day and Hayes did not like it at all. The water was pretty rough so I took him back to the pool. The big kids stayed in the ocean with Lance and Gran a while longer. The last day we were there they all went back again to play in the water one last time. I left my phone in our room most of the time so I don't have too many pictures. I did get a few pictures each day though. The first night we were there we got to watch the sunset across the bay and it was beautiful. I don't think any of our kids had ever seen a sunset before and they enjoyed watching the sun get smaller and smaller.

The next night we all went out to dinner in Baytowne Wharf. We have many pictures from there over the years. This time we stayed close enough that we could drive the golf cart over. I am pretty sure riding around in the golf cart was the kids favorite part of our trip. We ate a pretty early dinner and then went out to take some pictures on the boardwalk. We could see a storm coming and hear the thunder rolling in. I was rushing us around. Reese wanted to shop but I was being that mom pushing everyone to the car/golf cart. Luckily I was being pushy about it because the thunder got louder and louder on our drive back and the second we parked our car in the parking space it started pouring down rain. The last picture in this series is Sam and Hayes side-by-side at the same age, in the same clothes, in the same spot.

There were many late nights in the golf cart. After the storm passed, Lance, Hayes, and I ran to the grocery store in the golf cart and our last night there the five of us and Leah ran back over to Baytowne Wharf for a late night of ice cream.

We all had a great time and were so grateful for the quick get away.

No comments: