title

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Random Thoughts

Today's blog is going to be a bunch of thoughts all together. I didn't have time to get these out yesterday so here goes...

I had a great weekend this past weekend. It was super busy but I got to enjoy time with people that I don't get to see all that much. Friday night Lance and I spent time together having dinner and doing laundry. Not much fun but it has to get done...especially when we were not going to be home the whole weekend. The greatest thing about Friday night was looking through the mail and seeing an anniversary card from my sweetest cousin, Lissa, who is always so thoughtful and caring. She always sends cards for every occasion. I love her so much!! Saturday, Lance and I met Adrienne and Erik for breakfast/lunch at West Egg Cafe. Adrienne always knows of the neatest places to eat. Lance and I were headed to Ikea after that so we invited them to come along. We wanted to see what kind of baby furniture they have. It turns out all they have looks like it should be in a church nursery. No luck there. After that I was planning on dragging Lance to Old Navy for more maternity clothes shopping and then to Intimacy's (time for a new bra). We decided it would be better for the boys to go to a movie and for Adrienne to come shopping with me. So we did that. It was a great day and Adrienne really helped me find some cute clothes that I was happy with. I think Lance put her up to it... Then Sunday after church we headed over to my parents house to spend some time with them and have dinner. Both of my sisters were able to be there which is rare. It is always fun to see my family. I wish I lived closer to them so that I could see them more often.

Last night I get home from yoga and there is a present sitting on the counter for me from Lance. Now if you read Lance's blog yesterday he said he did not get me anything...he lied. To go back a little, we have picked out how we want to decorate the nursery. It is the sweetest little pattern we found at Babies R Us. Anyways, there was this wall shelf that really pulls the whole room together but it cost more than I would like to spend. I told Lance I could make one just like it. Apparently he didn't think so so he bought the shelf for me for our anniversary. It is so precious. I can't wait to finish decorating that room!!!

This morning the most amazing thing happened to me at the gym. While waiting in line for a shower (silly new year's resolution people are still around) the girl in front of me said I looked like I was really in shape. She said I had great arms. That was the perfect thing for her to say to a pregnant lady who is bummed about her stomach hanging over her pants. Apparently she didn't notice that. I just want it to actually look like I am pregnant instead of like I need to work out!! It will come...the belly I have showed up over night so I have no doubts of it continuing to grow.

We are having our house cleaned today. I can't wait to get home and enjoy it being so clean!! I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

No comments: