title

Thursday, February 1, 2007

16 weeks

We had another monthly doctor's visit yesterday. Everything went well. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat again which is always amazing. The little booger was moving around in there yesterday so the doctor had to keep moving the doppler to find the heartbeat. All of our tests have come back good so far. Yesterday they took blood to make sure the baby does not have spina bifida. I am sure we will know those results soon. I have never had so much blood taken in my life as I have these past few months.

On February 26th we have scheduled an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. We are VERY excited about that!! I can't wait to know what we are having.

I think this weekend I am going to have to break down and buy some maternity clothes. Most of my pants are getting too tight to be comfortable. I read that during the 17th week the baby will have a growth spurt so that means I will as well. I guess I should be ready.

On a similar note, this morning as I was leaving the gym I had the radio on Kicks 101.5. They are having their annual Radiothon for St. Jude. Even before I was pregnant I had a hard time listening to the stories that were told on there. I would usually listen for a short time and then change the station. Well today I was not prepared for them to be telling these horrible stories of these precious babies. I probably didn't have the radio on for twenty seconds before I was crying and changing the station. It is undescribable how different those stories affect me now. For the rest of the week, I will not be listening to Kicks. I can't handle hearing that everyday. Only positive thoughts right now!!

No comments: