title

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Babies and More Babies

Right now I know nine girls who are pregnant (that I can think of). Yesterday I celebrated the upcoming arrival of two of the babies.

In the morning I helped host a shower for my friend Amy's second baby boy. It was really simple and sweet. Look at this amazing cake...


I didn't get a whole lot of pictures but I wanted to share a few of the nice touches. We had it at one of the hosts house and she set up this beautiful arrangement on the table.


And made these sweet beautiful butterflies for the glasses.


It was a great shower and Amy got some wonderful and special gifts just for this baby.

********

As soon as I was done with the morning shower, I ran home put the family in the car and headed out to my grandparents house. My Aunt Cathy is in town for a visit so the whole family was gathered together. Her daughter, Tricia, is expecting a baby boy in March. Since they live in Florida we are not going to be able to be at any baby showers for her. So we decided to have a "Surprise Grammie Shower" for my aunt.

She, of course, was so excited to receive some fun gifts for her grandson.


We told her that, yes, she has to share these gifts with her daughter!!


Reese was most excited about this...


Where did Reese go??


Oh...there she is...


Reese got to sit in this cute little desk. We also pulled out a VCR so that Reese could watch Beauty and the Beast on VHS!! She loved it and sat like this for a long time. I hope Disney will release the DVD version of it from the vault before Reese is too old!!


Grammy must have been saying something funny here to Sam. He loved being held and talked to as much as Reese loved entertaining everybody!


We had such a dun day visiting with our family!

2 comments:

Nathan and Patricia Harder said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I know my Mom was super excited to be suprised by all of you! She said you got Haiden some great stuff. Can not wait till they get home and I get to see it all. Love all of you and Miss you!

Amy said...

Renee - Thanks for helping put together a shower just for baby boy #2. It was so much fun.. Thanks for being a great friend!