Monday, May 17, 2010

Atlanta Day

Saturday we had a fun Atlanta day.  We started our day at the zoo.  It was going to close early because of a fundraiser that evening so we went there first thing in the morning.  There were not too many people there and the animals seemed to really be active.

My favorite animals of the day were these cute guys.  The baby got stuck up in the tree so the mommy went after him and brought him down on her back.  The last time we saw them they were just stuck in their little room but this time they were out and about in the trees. 
5-15-10 080b 

These little animals we active too…
5-15-10 113

The orangutans were hilarious!  They were putting on a show the whole time we were watching them.  The little one would swing, roll, and jump around.  Then the mommy would reach her arms out to him to pull him up.  They were so sweet.
5-15-10 190

Reese was, as usual, in heaven with her favorite girls.
5-15-10 219

5-15-10 255

The weather was perfect to be at the zoo.  It wasn’t too hot because it was cloudy but it never rained!
5-15-10 288

5-15-10 301

The pictures end here.  We didn’t take the camera out again.

After the zoo we took the kids to The Varsity for lunch.  We all enjoyed some greasy food and each had a Frosted Orange…except for Reese who said it was “yuck”…even though she didn’t even try it.  She would have loved it if only she had tried it. 

After lunch we went to the aquarium.  I think the girls had a good time.  We have been there several times now and still just don’t love it.  I just don’t like the set up of it and it is always ridiculously crowded.

We gave the girls the option of heading home after the aquarium or playing out in a grassy area between the aquarium and the World of Coke museum for a little while.  We really wanted to go to Centennial Park but there was a kite festival going on and it looked packed.  They wanted to play a little bit longer so we did.  The girls spun, rolled, ran, and played hard.  A lady even walked by and took a picture of them because it looked like they were having such a great time.  While I fed Sam some fruit Lance ran around and raced with the girls.

It was such a fun day!  Reese was so tired and grumpy at the end of the day and we were worn out!  On Sunday after church we were getting lunch ready.  I asked Reese what she wanted.  She said she wanted to take a nap without eating lunch.  So she did.     

No comments: