title

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Visitor

We have had a visitor with us for the weekend.  Lance’s cousin Claire visited with us from Thursday to today.  Reese was in love!  She followed Claire around everywhere!  If she couldn’t see Claire, she was yelling her name.  “Cwaiwre, Cwaiwre!”  If she could see her, she was constantly talking to her, playing with her, snuggling her.  I bet Claire is sleeping well tonight in her own bed because I know Reese wore her out!!

5-30-10 016

Thursday night we went to eat some bbq.  Lance and Claire both had been craving it so it was an easy dinner night for me!  After dinner they put the canopy on Reese’s playset.  Later we all took Reese up for a bath and it was the beginning of THE biggest meltdown I have ever seen Reese have.  Seriously I thought she was possessed.  She screamed and cried like she was on fire.  She didn’t get to have any books read at bedtime and I closed her door (which she has started to hate…once she was asleep I opened it back up). 

Friday she woke up in a good mood.  We had our typical gymnastics/Chick-fil-A morning and then came back home for naps.  Everybody took a great nap that afternoon (including the big kids).  We had pizza and a movie night that evening and watched “Princess and the Frog”.  It really is so cute!  Bath and bedtime went much better that night!

Saturday morning we went to a farmer’s market while Lance worked in the yard.  We didn’t find anything fabulous there but Reese had a blast with the water fountain.  I did buy some homegrown honey…yum!  That afternoon Lance’s parents and one of his nephews came over to cook out and visit.  Reese always has fun with her cousins. 

Today we got up early and went to the early service at church.  We got home, Claire was able to talk to her sweet hubby (who is in Afghanistan) on the computer, and then Lance took her to the airport.  The kids and I took a nice nap and then we headed out shopping.  I got some new clothes.  I am adding to my wardrobe slowly!  And it is much needed!

We had such a wonderful time visiting with Claire this weekend!  Hopefully we will see her again soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank "visitors" husband for serving our country. God Bless You and your family.