Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Our Long Weekend Fun

We had a fun and busy weekend. It was nice to have Monday with everyone home too. As soon as Reese got off the bus on Friday we started the fun. We got in the car and headed to Sky Zone, an indoor trampoline park. We met a couple of Sam’s friends from class there and the kids had a blast! Sam was super excited to get to do something special with his friends outside of school. The pictures are not so great from my iPhone but you get the idea.

1-21-14 041

1-21-14 042

Saturday morning we were up bright and early to take Reese to a cheer camp at KSU. She did this camp last year and couldn’t wait to do it again. Last year she did the dance part of camp but this year she chose to do the cheer part. She said she wanted to do it because they got to do stunts but they ended up not doing stunts. She said she had a lot of fun.

1-21-14 001

After I dropped Reese off, I came back home to get Sam. I had promised him some alone time. We had breakfast at CFA and then went to spend one of his Christmas gift cards at Target.

1-21-14 043

After the camp the little kids performed with the cheerleaders and dancers during halftime of the girls basketball game.

1-21-14 010

Unfortunately I didn’t get to see her perform because that morning Hayes had a fever and was so crabby. He cried for about an hour straight. Finally I changed his diaper while we were sitting on my bed. After I changed him, I let him lay there and rubbed his belly. He eventually fell asleep but only slept for about 45 minutes. A little while later we put him down for a nap and he slept for almost four hours. I had to wake him up because I wanted to check on him. After the game, Reese fell asleep in the car on the way home. When Lance pulled in to the garage he left her in there and she slept for another 30 minutes or so. Once she came inside she laid on the couch and didn’t move again the rest of the day. It turned out she had a fever too.

1-21-14 012

Sunday morning, Reese, Hayes, and I all stayed home from church. They both woke up fever-free and were feeling much better. We took it easy most of the day while Lance took Sam out for some more alone time after church. I painted Reese’s fingers and toes, played with her hair, she played with mine, and we put bows in Hayes’ hair. Ha! He took another really long nap that afternoon.

1-21-14 015

Sunday night Lance and I had our first community group meeting with a group from our new church. We have a couple of friends in that group and it was great getting to meet some new people. The kids stayed home with the babysitter and seemed to all enjoy their evening together.

Monday everyone felt great so we got up and moving. It was a beautiful day! We started our morning off with a CFA breakfast (again) and then we went to Academy Sports to buy Reese new soccer cleats, shin guards, and socks. Then we headed home to pack up a lunch so we could go hiking at the mountain.

The big kids did so great. They loved climbing on the rocks.

1-21-14 022

1-21-14 024

We hiked all the way to the top. We have never done that before because we always have the stroller and you can’t push it to the top. This time we borrowed a friends backpack carrier for Hayes and it was perfect. He did so great in it.

1-21-14 025

It really was a gorgeous day. You could see all the way to Atlanta and you could watch airplanes land at the airport near by. We ate our picnic lunch at the top while we took a break.

1-21-14 028

There were so many people there too! We saw several families that we know on our way back down.

1-21-14 030

After our hike we let Hayes out in the field to run around and explore. Of course, he loved that but just couldn’t stay away from the stairs near by. Ugh! He is always in to something.

1-21-14 039

We were so proud of the kids for making it all the way to the top and back. Now we are on the hunt for our own backpack carrier!

1 comment:

The Randolph Family said...

Lil Lambs always has carriers!