title

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Kindness

It is amazing how God's lessons catch you right at the exact moment they are supposed to. This month my Kindergarteners and First Graders are talking about kindness. At Church I am so busy with what is going on that I am just going through the motions and not taking in the lesson myself. After Church Lance and Lissa were talking about the sermon they heard about praying big and we began to talk about things we needed to pray about. I mentioned that I needed to pray to be nicer...in a joking and not so joking manner. Sitting here at the computer tonight I was thinking about the conversation we had and it hit me that I really need to pay attention to what my kids are hearing this month. Maybe their lesson is exactly what I need.

Here are three of the things they learned today:
Kindness—showing others they are valuable by how you treat them.
“Do to others as you would have them do to you.” Luke 6:31
Treat others the way you want to be treated.

1 comment:

Nathan and Patricia Harder said...

That is so funny because Nathan and I were just talking about this verse of Saturday. It is true... you get all wrapped up on being mean back to someone if they are mean to you. Kill them with Kindness and you can never go wrong! It is hard to do that sometimes!