title

Friday, March 12, 2010

“Look at That Hair”

Reese probably hears those words every day!  People are always commenting on her hair. Always in a good way but it is all the time.  She would be much happier with straight hair.  She cries every day when I go to brush it.  Her trademark words are, “I told you to brush it softer”.  I do brush it soft…and by brush I mean basically pick at it with a comb…it is just a mess. And I never really believed that people could have sensitive heads but I am pretty sure she does.  My head is not sensitive at all so I don’t understand.

We don’t wash her hair every night but we probably should just so we can get a comb through it occasionally.  (How was that for a run on sentence?) Can you believe how long her hair actually is?  I literally snapped this picture after I poured water on her hair and it was already starting to curl back up.

photo2

And on the nights we do wash it she just goes to bed with it wet because we can’t dry it.  Can you imagine what kind of mess that would be?

photo

Tonight we took an early bath (before “pizza and a movie night”).  By the time it was bedtime her hair looked fabulous!!  It was able to be brushed, gelled, and air dried all before bed.  If her hair stays curly, this will most definitely have to be a morning routine for her.

3-12-10 017

I hope that her identity does not become attached to her hair.  She knows she has pretty, long, and curly hair.  She says it herself because she has heard it so many times.  People see the hair and have to comment…then they meet the sweet and feisty personality that comes with the sweet and feisty hair.  Is it possible to be sweet and feisty?  I think so…she has it down. 

Yesterday we went to Target to get a few things.  Reese had on a dress and her cowboy boots (her choice).  As we were walking in she was being her usual chatty self.  I was putting Sam in the buggy and a lady walked in behind us and said, “How cute is she?!  She is a little pistol.”  I laughed and thanked her.  She began to walk away and another lady walked through the door while I was still trying to get Sam situated.  She looked at us and said the exact same thing.  Really?  I laughed again and told her that the lady walking away said the same thing.  They looked at each other and laughed.  What are the chances?  It must have been the curly hair and the boots!

4 comments:

Beth Priest said...

That is some great hair! Oh yes my almost 3 year old is totally sweet AND fiesty!

Nathan and Patricia Harder said...

Wow! her hair is really long! Where does she get all the curly hair? Defintely not our side of the family...

Aunt Kathy said...

You need to put a picture of her Gaga at 3 next to her....identical hair!! :) And when Lance was little, his hair was full of curls until my Daddy made mom cut them all off - BTW - his curls are still at mom's house in an envelope!

Renee said...

Actually we all had curly hair when we were little. And cousins Tina, Lissa, and Celeste all have curly hair. So I guess it is just a combo of both families have made Reese's hair really curly.