title

Monday, March 31, 2014

“Perfect”?

This past week Sam’s teacher held conferences. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect but I was not expecting anything bad. Sam is pretty good at giving me a report each day of what happens. His class has a green/yellow/red behavior system. Each day he tells me who was on what color and why.

3-28-14 007

One day he got in the car and said, “Mommy, I have to tell you something really bad.”

“Ok, buddy! What is it?”

“I got on yellow today.”

“Wha…”

“But the whole class did. Ms. Gaby was telling us all to sit down and be quiet and none of us did. So she had to blow the whistle and we all got on yellow and none of us got “anyM’s”.”

“Oh no! That stinks! Next time why don’t you try to be the leader of your class and do what she is asking you to do. That way maybe your friends will follow directions too.”

“Ok, Mommy!”

3-28-14 011

When I had the conference with his teacher she sat down and said, “I don’t really have anything to say other than Sam is perfect.” She said he is always following directions, tries to redirect his friends who are not following directions, interacts during lessons, and knows everything he is supposed to know. She said she wished she had five more Sam’s in her class.

3-28-14 012

He really is so sweet. I feel so blessed that he is mine. Now, if only I could get him to be that sweet to Reese and Hayes all the time. Ha!

3-28-14 013

I am so grateful that both Reese and Sam always get good reports from school. I truly hope we can make that three for three once Hayes starts school.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I wouldn't expect anything less from that sweet boy!! Way to go, Sammy!! I'm so proud of you and love you very much!!

AA said...

Good job Sammy! I'm not surprised though - you really have the best kids!!!