title

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Extravaganza...

...is now over. This week has been full of Christmas celebrations. On the 23rd we started our Christmas celebrations at my Dad's parents house. Most of his side of the family was there (minus our Florida family who we greatly missed). We had dinner and talked (really loud as usual). We ALWAYS have a great time when we are together and I am so lucky to have ALL of them in my life. I can not imagine going one day without them. You can tell the second we get together that we are all related and have grown up together. We pick on each other, tease each other, and love on each other as if we were all siblings. I took so many pictures that I had a hard time deciding which ones to post. So I will stick with these four from the night.

Reese and I posing while obviously something much more fun was happening off camera that Reese couldn't take her eyes off of.


Daddy hugs


Probably Reese's favorite toy. She can write all over it and Mommy doesn't tell her no. It was a fabulous entertainer in the car on the way home too. Thank you Aunt Lissa (pronounced Lisa...not to be confused with Lissa).


House divided. We got my grandparents dueling rocking chairs. Hers says Georgia...His says Georgia Tech. Apparently Tech chairs are not sold so we had to make our own.



Christmas eve we went to Lance's sisters house to celebrate Christmas with them. From the moment we got there the three kids were wild and crazy. They had a lot of fun together and the boys definitely entertained Reese. Dalton started the evening off by serenading us with "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer". I, of course, joined in because that was one of mine and my sisters FAVORITE songs growing up. He was so cute dressed up as a Christmas tree.


Reese wanted to be the tree too.


Every year Santa calls the boys and they get so excited. They said that Santa calls them because they are a little scared to go and see him. Some how he has to know what they want for Christmas!! Brody has been talking to him for a few years now but I think this was Dalton's first year to really understand and want to talk to him. He followed Brody around everywhere with the phone and kept saying it was his turn.


Reese was trying to figure out what they were so excited about. Here she is looking at Dalton on the phone and she looks so serious.



Christmas morning we woke up and had Christmas with just the three of us. It was nice to be able to spend some time together and enjoy celebrating. We are so excited to be able to start our own traditions as a family. Reese's big present from Santa was a kitchen. She has enjoyed "cooking" on it. She will walk up to it and say "cook". She will also stir in the pot and then taste it. So funny.


Then around 10 or so my family came over for more presents and eating. Reese really racked up on presents!! Here she is going for a ride around the house in her new wagon. She was very excited about it.


Then while Reese was taking a nap that afternoon, Lance, my sisters and I entertained my parents and grandmother with a little American Idol on Wii. It is a lot of fun. Not to brag...maybe...but I won every round!! I am definitely not a singer but for some reason I rock that game. We played for TWO hours! I am sure my parents and grandmother felt like it was all day. Here Leah was getting ready to compete against me in the finals and she dressed up like Becca. Haha!!


Reese received plenty to "push". She got this cute little stroller, a grocery cart, and a musical push toy. Now she doesn't have to push our boxes everywhere.



Today, part of my mom's side of the family came over. Half of my cousins were out of town and Leah had to work so we missed all of them. Reese and Caleb were the only babies there. We ate lunch and babies (and Grandma) opened presents. Caleb is thinking, "what is this crazy girl doing?"


We had a fun day visiting with them but I was so run down and not feeling well today. After everyone left, I put Reese down for a much needed nap and took one myself. Even though we were soooooo busy this week, Reese has been so good and has had so much fun. I can't wait to see her enjoy all of her new toys. She is going to have a blast...and now Daddy can stop complaining that she doesn't have enough toys. She has plenty now, right Daddy??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a great picture of you and Reese!
Glad you guys had a great Christmas! I can't wait until Ella is that age next Christmas! SO much fun!