title

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Flu bug

has bitten Reese. Sunday afternoon she started acting crabby and was warm. We gave her some Tylenol and then she threw it up about 15 minutes later. Since it was close to bath time anyways we went ahead and started the process. We put her in bed a little early and then she woke up at 9:30 screaming. I got her out of bead and she was burning up. I took her temperature and it was pretty high so I kept her in my room where it is cooler to let her body cool down some. Her temp never dropped. She just layed in my arms and wouldn't move. So I let her stay there with us. She woke up again around 1 and I gave her some motrin. She slept the rest of the night but woke up in the morning with a fever still. That morning she just cuddle with me on the couch and would drift in and out. She took three cat naps that morning and would not eat anything. I was finally able to get her in to the doctor that afternoon and they confirmed she has the flu. The good news was that we had finally broken the fever and she was acting like her old self!! She slept great last night even though she never ate much. Today she is our normal baby with a little whining here and there. I have let her be a couch potato today and she ate a great lunch! When I tried to lay her down for a nap she screamed and cried. I let her sleep in my arms in the rocking chair for about 30 minutes and finally put her in her crib. She still screamed but finally fell asleep again. Hopefully she will get a good nap in. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow!!

No comments: