title

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Mess That is Us

If I am being honest, I am a horrible housekeeper.  I know that it is part of my job as a stay-at-home mom but I just stink at it.  Our house is rarely clean unless other people are coming over.  It makes me crazy but I always seem to be playing catch-up.

Each meal turns in to this…

2-16-11 002

And this is actually tame compared to how it normally gets under Sam’s chair…

2-16-11 003

There are always shoes at the door…and yes, these are all three mine.  I, actually, wore all of them in one day and seemed to have forgotten where my closet is located!

2-16-11 004

Grrr….the dishes!  Cleaning the kitchen is probably my least favorite chore.  I always feel like I am playing catch-up in this area.

2-16-11 005

Our counters are magnets for clutter!

2-16-11 006

When I actually get on a clutter-busting mission, the stairs become a hazard.

2-16-11 008

And the playroom…good thing it has a door on it!

2-16-11 010

Reese’s bookshelf seems to throw books off of it on a daily basis.  Either that or Sam loves to yank them all off.

2-16-11 012

I am proud to say I got most of that cleaned up yesterday…but you wouldn’t know it to walk in to my house today!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Renee, thank you SO much for posting this! I love your honesty and pictures to prove it! :) Trust me, my house is always looking that way. Shoes, toys, clothes, hats, books strewn all about. And then the ever-piling high laundry room and the sink FULL of dishes. Seriously, it feels never-ending! But I encourage you, friend, that investing in your children is far worth the "price" of a messy house. I gladly live in a little mess so that I can pour myself into my little ones! love ya :)

Jenny & Lance said...

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way!!!!! The hardest part to me is clutter. No matter how often I try to organize it, (paper, bills, artwork, etc), it always seems to be back a few days later!