title

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Keeping It Real

When it has been a while since I have blogged, Lance says "It's time for an update!". Well, as I have said before this summer has just been crazy. From the moment we got home from our cruise it has been nothing shy of mayhem. We have so much going on but not much worth writing about. Our house is in utter disarray due to some work we are having to have done. It has been like this for three weeks and I might loose my mind soon.



I feel like I can't keep this place clean. And it is almost not worth keeping it clean due to all the mayhem. I try to keep the kids out of the house as much as possible but you can only go to the pool so many times with out getting burned out.
I also feel like there is a lot of sadness around us right now and I just don't know how to be of help. I want to do for these people but knowing what to do and when is hard. I feel so very blessed for our healthy family and all the blessing we have. I don't want to miss out on the wonderful parts of our lives by dwelling on the sadness.



I think my kids officially think I am crazy. Because of the craziness in our house I think they feel the stress of it too. They have been acting up and just flat out ignoring my directions. This isn't all the time. They are such good kids. But some nights I reflect back on our day and I think I did way more yelling and correcting than hugging and loving.



Hopefully things will slow down just a bit soon. I want to have a lazy, pajama and movie day with no workers in our clean house!! Is that too much to ask?!? Ok, so the house doesn't have to be clean...that would just be a nice bonus.
I really don't mean this to sound like complaints. I know things could be much worse. Thank you God for this beautiful life we live!!


- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Renee - I feel like we haven't had time to catch up lately - you guys are more than welcome to come over to my messy house for an escape anytime! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm! I remember that feeling!! It's OK. You remember all the good stuff later too.