title

Saturday, June 27, 2009

One Night Down!!

We made it through the first night paci free. Reese went to bed a little late last night because she was playing outside. So when it was time for bed we read some books and during those books she said, "where paci go?" We told her they were gone now and if she remembered where they were. She said "Baby Cah-er" and I continued to read...trying to take her mind off of it. We made it through the books, said our good nights, and I went to lay her down. She asked for them again and I reminded her that Baby Connor now has them. She cried for a few minutes and then stopped. She would cry out a couple of times and one time she cried "Paaaaci go?" in the saddest little voice. She fell asleep pretty fast and made it through the night!! Whoohoo!! Hopefully it will continue to be this easy!

I remember when Reese was a newborn I was talking to my mom about pacifiers v. thumb sucking. At that point I didn't really care what she chose because I just wanted her to be able to soothe herself to and back to sleep at night. I said I will deal with it when the time comes to get rid of it. First of all. I am glad she chose the paci because I have no idea what I would do to get rid of the thumb. Second of all. I NEVER thought the day would come to actually get rid of the pacifier. It came way too fast!

1 comment:

Carrie Beth said...

I'm so glad the first night went OK. You are one strong mama to stick to your guns. I bet each day will keep getting easier.