title

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun, Fun Weekend

We had a fun, fun weekend!!

Friday night was just a boring old night...nothing too exciting...that I can remember anyways. Did we do anything?

Saturday morning once we were all awake and fed the three of us headed over to our favorite park. The last two weekends Lance and I have run a mile (me pushing the stroller) around the trail and then walking after that. It was a beautiful morning...almost fall like but a little hotter. We hit up the grocery store real quick and then headed home for Reese to take a quick nap. After her nap, Reese and I went over to our friends Mitchell and Nicole's for a play date and lunch. Nicole made us a yummy lunch and then we took the kids to the pool. They had a great time at the pool playing and splashing. I know I have said this a lot but it is so great to visit with other mommies. And this one is especially special because the kids are so close in age. It is even more special that we have a lot in common so we don't just talk about what the kids are doing. We can talk about life too!! Saturday evening Adrienne and Erik came over and we had dinner and visited...all night!! It was so much fun to spend time with them. We watched the Olympics and talked and talked. It is so funny because Lance and Erik were separated at birth! I swear they think and talk so much alike. It is almost scary!! But we had fun with them and we can't wait to see them again next weekend.

Today was a normal Sunday. We went to church, had lunch with my family at the mall, and then Lissa came to watch Reese for us. We left while she was napping again so she was so good for Lissa. We hate that we have to be sneaky but we love that she behaves and makes Lissa's life easier!! We know she will get the hang of us leaving one day but right now is not the time!! We just want everyone involve to have an easy time...us included!

I, of course, forgot my camera when we went to Nicole's so I don't have any cute pictures from the pool. I have been SOOO bad about taking pictures of Reese ever since her birthday. I think I took so many pictures her first year I am burned out now! Hopefully I can snap some cute pictures this week to share!

1 comment:

Allison D said...

Renee,
So funny that you found my blog out there in cyber space! Of course I surfed on over to your page...what a cute little family. Your daughter is beautiful.
I can't believe our reunion is next weekend. HOw did 10 years go by so fast? See you there.
Allison Kirchner Dawson