Thursday, November 12, 2009

And then there were four...

It has been busy here the last two days. Having two kids is definitely different than having one but we are all so in love! Baby Sam has been doing a lot of sleeping and Mommy is trying to get some rest...key word: trying. The only thing in Reese's world that is different is that Baby Sam is at home with us now. Other than that, she still wants to play and is on the go 24/7.

So here is the run down of how things went. Sunday we hung around the house waiting on the hospital to call and let us know when to check in. I had talked to a friend who was induced and they called her around 6:30 and had her check in at 9:00. So that is what I was expecting. However, they called around 3:30 and asked us to check in at 5:00. Luckily, Aunt Becky got to our house right after I hung up and we were able to get Reese settled in with her and give her the run down of some things.

We grabbed the chance to take one last family of three picture before we left.

Right after we checked in to the hospital they got things started. The plan didn't go exactly as they had planned but it all worked out in the end. Monday was the longest day ever. We thought for sure we would have Baby Sam with us by Monday afternoon but he decided to hold out on us until 8:00 PM. The whole process went VERY slow but once he decided he was ready there was no holding back.

Tuesday Becca brought Reese up to the hospital to visit after school. We couldn't wait to see her! And she was so excited to be there. She immediately wanted to see Sam and loved him from the start. She brought him a present and he had several presents there for her to open too!

By Wednesday morning we were so ready to get home. The only thing we were waiting on was my doctor to get there and release me. Around lunch time the nurse called the office and asked him to hurry up. She knew we were anxious! He got there shortly after the phone call and sent us on our way.

The drive home seemed so long too. We finally got home and Reese couldn't wait to see us all...

And she was SO excited to show us the sign that her and Aunt Becky made. It was so sweet.

We got settled in nice and quick. Sam got his first ride in the swing. He seems to enjoy it as much as his Big Sister did. She has even asked to get in it too. She wants to do a lot of the same things he is doing. Especially having a pacifier. She has one that she carries around but so far has not tried to put it in her mouth!

She is always asking to hold him. She is such a great big sister and so helpful.

She has definitely asked for more snuggle time the last two days and we are happy to give out the snuggles! So far things are going smoothly.

We are so happy to be home and to be a family of four. All of us were laying on our bed tonight and my heart felt so full. We are so blessed!


Tucker's Mom said...

I can't wait to hear about everything in person and meet little Sam. He looks perfect. Glad Reese is such a good big sister.. not that there was ever any doubt!!

Allison D said...

Aawww! So glad things are going well. He is precious. Enjoy every minute!

Britni said...

What a beautiful family!!! Congrats!!

Nathan and Patricia Harder said...

So glad everything went well for you. He is so sweet! Congrats!!

Erin Cowin said...

So, sweet!! I can't wait to meet him! I look forward to the many stories to come about your new family of four. xoxo