title

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Than Disgusting

This afternoon I needed to straighten up around the house a little.  Reese was sleeping, Sam was awake.  So I put Sam in his car seat in front of the TV, turned on his Praise Baby DVD, and got to cleaning. 

Sam was perfect.  He was watching the movie and checking everything out around him in his car seat. Not making a peep. I was getting some things done.

I walked around to the TV to put something away.  I looked down at Sam and thought why does he have thrown-up carrots all over himself.  They were on his clothes (he only had on a onesie), arms, legs, and face.  I couldn’t understand how he could have thrown-up carrots since he had not had any since the night before and I didn’t hear him make any noise.

I walked over to him and realized it was poop...everywhere!  Apparently the way he was sitting in his car seat made the poop come up and out of his diaper.  And he must have thought it was something to play with!  Like I said, it was everywhere…including his face.  Which means it most likely ended up in his mouth!!

I was so disgusted! (I must confess that I thought about taking a picture during all of this but felt bad leaving him that way for much longer.) I didn’t even know where to start in the clean-up process.  I took Sam upstairs and cleaned him off the best I could with wipes.  Then went back downstairs to clean up the car seat. Then took Sam back upstairs for a mid-afternoon bath! 

Reese woke up as I was going downstairs and I told her to meet me down there.  She asked what I was doing and I told her.  She said, “That is sisgusting!” and I told her, “No! It is more than disgusting!!”

No comments: