title

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Art Day

Each morning Reese asks what we are going to do for the day.  We are only two weeks in to the summer break and she is already bored.  She is enjoying the gym and has enjoyed the things we have done each day.  However, I think she is not being able to express herself.  She is just going along with what I am doing.  She has been acting up some and just out right disobeying.  After trying to figure out what was going on with her and what I could do to fix it, I realized we were out of all of the plain white paper and construction paper.  So today we made a trip to Target to stock back up on art supplies.  Today was officially an “Art Day”.  Reese was thrilled!  I even offered to take her to the concert on the square and to pick up Chick-fil-A for lunch and she said no.  She was too excited to have more art supplies.  Not only did I pick up things for Reese, I decided to buy some finger paint for Sam.  I thought this would be a great idea and that he would love it.

5-26-11 003

Well, things don’t always go how you think they will.  He made this mess in about 2.0 seconds and then was done.  So much for this entertaining him for a while so I could clean up the kitchen (I can not empty the dishwasher with him around because he always climbs in it).

5-26-11 004

I didn’t even get to take any pictures of Reese working because he was D-O-N-E!  I had to clean him up and get him down.  Then he was mad that I took him down and wanted to get back in his chair to color with crayons. 

I think Reese really enjoyed her art day.  If you are thinking about getting Reese something for her birthday, a pack of computer paper or a paper roll will be perfect for her!

No comments: