title

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our Weekend

I know it is the middle of the week but I wanted to include how our weekend went so I didn’t forget how sweet it was.

Saturday we started out with soccer and Reese was not too interested in participating.  I know she is only three but it is so frustrating when she just completely ignores what she is supposed to be doing.  It is totally to blame on the fact that she didn’t go to bed until 10:00 the night before and never sleeps in. After soccer the kids and I went home while Lance ran some errands.  Once he was home we all went to lunch at Chick-fil-A and then put the kids down for a nap when we got home.  While the kids were napping Lance straightened up the house and I ran to the grocery store to prepare for some friends to come over.  When we told Reese that Maddie and Joci were coming over she started jumping around and squealing.  You would have thought we told her we were going to Disney World.  We cooked out, played outside, kids played in and out of the pool, drove the Jeep around, played Corn Hole, and enjoyed spending time together.  Sam even went on his first date…

5-11-2011 001

Reese and Lance had been scheming about Mother’s day for a few days.  She would always whisper to him and she did a great job keeping secrets. Some how Reese remembered all the balloons Lance put out for my 30th birthday and she wanted to do it again.  So Lance bought some balloons.  Saturday night she told me that I didn’t have to wake her up in the morning because Daddy was going to wake her up.  Sunday morning around 7:15 I heard her run in to our room, over to Lance’s side, and say, “Daddy you didn’t even have to wake me up.  I did it all on my own. Can we go downstairs now?”  So I pretended to still be asleep and they went downstairs to work on their plan.  Lance blew up some balloons and Reese “spreaded them out”. Reese was so excited and couldn’t wait for me to come downstairs to see the balloons.  (I think this might be a new family thing we have to do for each birthday.) The kids gave me a sweet necklace from The Vintage Pearl with their names on it.  I love it!!  The rest of the day was spent at church, relaxing, napping, and enjoying my sweet little monkeys that call me “Mama” or “Mommy”.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Look at the little stud and his crooked little grin. That is too cute! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day, and Reese helped make it that special!

Love you!