title

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Day of Firsts

We have had a lot of firsts today. Some eventful, some fun, some fussy!

*This afternoon when we had been home from school for about 15 minutes Reese said, "Come on Mommy. Time to go upstairs. Take map." I told her it wasn't nap time just yet but we would go upstairs soon. I put her down just before 1:00 and she just played and talked in her room for about 45 minutes. I was cleaning in the kitchen when I hear a big thud and then Reese start to cry. She figured out how to climb out of her bed! When I asked her what she was doing she said, "Ride horse" (which is her new favorite thing to do...she will pretend like anything is a horse and pretend like she is riding on the horse). I saw in her crib that she had stacked her pillow on top of some toys and was able to kick a leg over the side which in turn made her fall out of the bed. I was sure she would NEVER be able to do this because her legs are so short. Well, she proved me wrong. It is a good thing we are getting her big girl room painted this week. We will have to start the transition in to the new room soon!

*This morning after I dropped Reese off at school I met two of my mommy friends for breakfast. It was the first time the three of us have been together with out kids. We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. We talked and talked and talked much to the waiters dismay. We had to ask him to come back for our orders because we hadn't even looked at the menus. It was such a great time and I can't wait to do it again! Pedicures, next time?

*I sent Reese to school with her big girl panties on today. Each school day before I have sent her in her pull-ups because I didn't know if she would tell the teachers she needed to go since we are so new to this potty thing. Each day at school she has wet her pull-ups but NEVER has an accident at home. So I thought the pull-ups might be hindering her. And they were. She didn't have an accident at school but she also didn't go. Her teacher said they sat her on the potty five times with no luck. She really didn't have much to drink this morning so I wasn't worried about that. But then she didn't want to go when she got home either. She didn't finally go until I took her when she climbed/fell out of the bed. We will try again Thursday to see how she does.

*Reese has been kind of cranky lately and since Saturday her nose has been runny. I thought maybe she just caught a little cold. But today I noticed that one of her two-year molars has cut through so now I don't know if she has been cranky because of that. There is no sign of any of the other three molars so I will have to keep an eye out for them...and maybe try a little Motrin for the cranky girl!

No comments: