title

Monday, September 21, 2009

Two Great Nights!

Reese has always been sensitive to the temperature when she sleeps. During her first winter she was waking up every hour on the hour for several nights and we were about to go crazy. We tried all kinds of different things each night to see if it would help. Finally one night we had the thought that maybe she was getting cold. So we put a space heater in her room about 30 minutes before bed time and let it heat up her room...I think we actually let it run the whole night. And she slept...the whole night! We were so happy the next morning. We immediately got online and ordered an econo-heater for her room...a friend of ours had it for their daughter's room at the time and had rave reviews about it. It was much cheaper to run than the space heater.

Well, with Reese's little escapades last week of waking up during the night we finally went back to the temperature thing again. This time we were afraid she was getting too hot because she has never been covered up by a sheet and a comforter. We also thought this might just be too much heaviness on her. She is used to just a quilt in her crib and most of the time that came off. So we folded down the comforter and put her quilt in her bed with her...And she slept the whole night. She has done this the last two nights and we are all so much happier. Yay!!! Hopefully I didn't just jinx it.

Even with all the thundering and rain last night she slept soundly through the night. This morning when she woke up the worst part of the storm was going through and I swear it was lightening all around our house. I went in to see if she was awake and she was still laying down so I walked over to her bed and her head popped up. She looked at me and said, "Hear dat?" I told her it was thundering and reminded her about a Franklin book that we have that talks about storms. She picked her monkey up and said, "Monkey scared of dat." I told her to give Monkey a hug and tell him it was ok so she did...she never once acted like she was scared of anything. I really hope that the rain goes away soon. I think it is supposed to rain the rest of the week but I don't know if we can handle that. However, it does look like there will be some fall weather on the other side of all of these storms so I will be happy about that! Hopefully we don't go crazy before then.

No comments: