title

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fun Day!

Today we took Reese to see Sesame Street Live. We didn't tell her we were going until this morning because she would have been asking about it every second of every day. This morning when I went in to get her out of bed I told her we were going to see an Elmo Show. She shot out of bed and ran to tell Daddy. She was so excited!


We got to Phillips Arena about 30 minutes early and decided to buy Reese a souvenir before the show. (check the last picture)


We got to our seats about 15 minutes before the show started and Reese could not wait!


Our seats were much better than I thought they would be. They closed off a lot of the arena so it made it more intimate. There were seats on the floor that cost over $100 each...but I think our seats were much better than those. The only advantage they had on the floor was that the characters walked through and interacted down there.


Reese was in awe the entire time. She watched everything so intently and when a song would end she would say "again". At the intermission she thought it was over and was so upset. I told her that Elmo just needed a break to go potty...so she and I headed to the potty too. When it was over she was perfectly fine with it...I thought she was going to have a melt down and want more.


Our neighbors were two rows up from us so we met them at The Varsity for lunch. On our way to lunch I had given Reese her souvenir shirt to hold. She held it up, gave it a hug, and said "I yove dis!" She was trying to put it on so when we got to The Varsity I changed her shirt so she could wear her new shirt. She was so excited. By the time we got home Reese was over having her picture taken so this is the best I could do with her new t-shirt.


I am so glad we were able to do this today! We used this opportunity to spend some special time with Reese since she is not going to be our only little monkey soon. What a great day!

1 comment:

Carrie Beth said...

We were there too!!! So fun. Glad Reese loved her special day!