title

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sam’s Pacifier

On our drive to Florida for our Disney vacation, Sam had a horrible cough. The only thing that seemed to suppress his cough was his pacifier so Sam was allowed to have his pacifier that entire day. When we got to Claire and Bryan’s house Sam was chewing on his paci and a piece broke off of it (btw, this was our very last pacifier). He was a little sad but was not fazed at all. I was thrilled. I finally saw my way to start getting rid of it.

12-1-11 031

I didn’t mess with it while we were gone but I would comment to him that his paci was broken. Once we were home I started trimming more and more off of the pacifier. As of yesterday he could barely even hold the pacifier between his teeth. Tonight as we were getting ready for bed I couldn’t find his pacifier. He was in his room looking with me and neither of us could find it. I eventually saw where it was but didn’t tell him. When it was time for him to go to bed he asked for his paci and I told him he was a big boy and didn’t need it anyways. I rocked him a little longer and he never asked again. He went to bed just fine and I threw the paci away when I got downstairs. I am so excited (and a little nervous) to finally be done with the paci! We will see how the rest of the week goes…

1 comment:

Bryan said...

I might have a couple of extra pacifiers if you need one.....