title

Friday, August 13, 2010

Bad Dreams?

Reese has never been a good sleeper!  From very early on she has cried out in her sleep.  Before she could talk she would cry or whine in her sleep.  Once she started talking she calls my name, randomly talks while sleeping, and cries or yells.  Often!

I have never known if she is sleeping or awake when she calls my name.  So I always have to get up and check on her.  Recently I have picked her up out of her bed in hopes of waking her up out of what ever she is dreaming. I also noticed that sometimes she cries out (in her sleep) when she needs to go to the bathroom so I will take her in hopes of being able to get back to sleep.

The last couple of nights she has slept fabulously!  So, of course, this morning I was shocked when she came in my room talking crazy.  She said, “Mommy, I don’t want that man to cut my toes.”  “What?”  “I saaaaaid, “I don’t want that man to cut my toes.”  “Reese-y, I have no idea what you are talking about.” And then I changed the conversation because we could have gone back and forth forever.

I forgot about our conversation as the day went on.  Tonight when I laid her down in her bed she again said, “I don’t want that man to come in my room.”  “What man?”  “That crazy man.”  “Baby, there are no crazy mans in our house.  No crazy mans will come in our house. You are totally safe.”  And she didn’t talk about it again.  It kind of made me sad but I am so glad she told me about it. 

2 comments:

Justin and Kristin said...

Oh my goodness! I hate that! What do you do? Just let it go? Poor thing.

Aunt Kathy said...

Brody did this last night!! :(